THE COLLEGE LIBRARY.
This strategic plan is a build up of the library’s previous strategy with modifications and provides a long-term framework for development covering a period of ten years i.e. 2008/2009 to 2017/2018. the plan is intended to advance information dissemination, intellectual advancement and life-long learning. This is all in support of the college’s strategic goals in teaching, learning, research and consultancy service. The College library should be a catalyst that will foster a passion for reading and spark intellectual curiosity.
1. OUR MISSION
We are committed to meeting the information, social, leisure and recreational needs of the College community through the provision of responsive service.
2. OUR VISION
To support academic excellence through the provision of relevant information, resources and services in both physical and electronic format mindful of the rapidly changing technological environment.
3. OUR VALUE
The College library values:
- Being a vital part of the college educational programme;
- Meeting the information, social and recreational needs of our users;
- Delivering information in varied formats;
- Innovation and responsiveness in service delivery;
- Interest in educational and personal self-development of staff and students;
- Ease of access to information resources and service;
- Intellectual curiosity;
- A comprehensive accessible collections;
- A beautiful, aesthetic and quiet environment;
- The privacy and confidentiality of our users.
4. GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goal and objectives outlined in this plan are intended to serve as a tool for stretching the College library to achieve its full potential. The goals and objective include among others to:
- Acquire and provide information resources required for the academic programmes of the College;
- Provide research information resources in consonance with the needs of the schools and research students;
- Provide information resources for creation, leisure and for the personal self-development of our users;
- Encourage students’ life-long habits of good reading, inquiry and research;
- Provides study accommodation and develop the physical environment to become functional in meeting the varied needs of our users;
- Provide protection and security for the library and the materials therein;
- Cooperate with other libraries at appropriate levels for the exchange of information resources;
- Solicits for aid and grant from individuals and other corporate organizations for better library service;
- Stock taking by library staff which includes statistics of the library, weeding of stock, books lost or stolen etc.
- NCCE monitoring team. This to be accomplished yearly.
- Annual staff by the college librarian.
PLANNED STRATEGY FOR MODIFICATION
- Getting involved in active library cooperation with sister colleges of education
- Interacting with friends of the College library.
- Increasing the fees charged students as library fee, and increasing "over-due charge" fee of clientele.
- Recruiting competent library professionals and para-professionals.
- Sponsoring library staff to improve their knowledge / education through in-service training, attending conferences, workshops etc.
SECTIONS OF THE COLLEGE LIBRARY
- Administration (College Librarian's Office)
- Collection Development section
- Research and Documentation (Archival services inclusive)
- Readers Services (Circulation; Serials; Reserve units)
- Technical (Bindery unit inclusive)
- Virtual Library (Audio Visual and reprographic units)